The SBM Model ATF300 fully automatic tray former features heavy-duty welded steel construction and is ideal for high volume tray forming production. The ATF300 will form side slotted, end slotted and design style trays, in various configurations, to accommodate the agriculture, food processing and distribution industries. The ATF300’s inline and compact design utilizes a mechanically linked tray pick-up and transport mechanism for precise placement through the glue application and forming cycle. For added flexibility, the SBM-ATF300 tray former easily integrates with SBM case packers.
Sequence of Operation
An operator loads tray blanks into the magazine. A mechanical driven arm extends to the tray blank and vacuum cups pick and place tray to horizontal position. A mechanical walking beam indexes tray past the glue guns, which apply a glue bead to the tray tabs. The glue application is controlled by feedback from the encoder attached to the A/C motor. After passing the glue heads, the walking beam pushes the flat tray blank into an exclusive SBM designed motorized forming mandrel, thus forming the tray by folding the tabs and compressing the sidewalls. The formed tray can exit the ATF300 in any of 3 discharge directions, accommodating most any layout.
Features of the tray former
- Compact footprint, accommodates nearly any layout
- Size changeovers in 20 minutes or less
- Servo dedicated to blank transfer drive
- Easy-load gravity tray blank magazine
- Precise, positive placement throughout forming cycle and glue application
- Ideal for high-volume, 3-shift applications
- Fully-interlocked guard doors and emergency stops
- Different brands of melter can be selected, Nordson, Robatech, and so on.